Monday, September 8, 2008

You never know......

Development west of I-5......what a surprise. The results of the very unscientific poll that we had up for over a week, came as a real eye-opener to me. So did the video we shot last week, for our Street Beat, posing the same question to residents at the local donut shop.
Our poll showed 244 votes were cast. "Yes" votes totaled 151, or just over 61%; "No" votes totaled 93, or just over 38%. For some reason, that really caught me by surprise.

I really thought people here had an emotional tie to the foothills west of town. The natural beauty, the solitude, the sunsets......... guess I thought wrong.

There's a new poll up now. Equally unscientific, but it may prove to be just as enlightening as the last one.
Who knows? Maybe my grandkids (mere figments of my imagination as of right now) will someday come down I-5 and see high rise condos in them there hills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

let me get to work on that for ya.......the high rise that is! ;) Kevin Scoles

Anonymous said...

I have only lived in patterson for close to nine years. i would like it if i could still see some open land. I dont want every empty spot to be taken up by another store or salon. you know.